Posting #213: Optician – ABO Certified (Full Time/Part Time)
Posting #214: Optician – Non-ABO Certified (Full Time/Part Time)
Do you have a passion for handcrafted luxury eyewear from independent frame line manufacturers around the world, are you always following the latest trends in fashion and eyewear, and are you fascinated with the advancements in digital corrective lenses and in the optical industry? If so, Urban Optiks Optometry may have an opportunity for you to join our ever-expanding optical boutique team as an optician.
Urban Optiks Optometry is currently accepting resumes for full and part-time opticians with stellar customer service and sales skills. We are seeking a retail professional who is upbeat with a great sense of style and who possesses great organizational skills.
The ideal person must possess strong sales skills and demonstrate a high level of knowledge about our independent eyewear collections and digital lens products. They must be able to work with our large base of patients/customers by delivering personalized, quality optical care and outstanding and friendly customer service. They must also be able to assist patients/customers with selecting and fitting eyewear, determining and recommending specific accessories or products based on the patient’s needs and likes, as well as performing other optical dispensing and eyewear service-related functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use the patient’s prescription information along with the patient’s preferences, face shape, personal style, and other factors to help them select the appropriate pair of frames and lenses.
- Give product recommendations to patients based on their vision needs and lifestyle, such as frame construction, lens material, and lens coatings.
- Take accurate measurements of each patient’s face and other optical details to ensure a proper fit of both frames and digital lenses.
- Adjust frames using optical tools to achieve an accurate fit on the patient’s face or when the patient has problems with comfort or poor vision.
- Instruct patients on how to correctly use and properly care for contact lenses including how to clean the lenses, insert them, and remove them easily.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean and visually appealing optical displays.
- Ensure accuracy in the inventory of all products (i.e., eyeglasses, sunglasses, accessories.)
- Complete additional office tasks regularly such as preparing patient paperwork, ordering inventory and tracking orders in the computer system.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in a retail optical setting or a similar environment selling independent luxury eyewear with a unique ability to style clients based on their individual style.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with digital lenses and the ability to appropriately fit a variety of lens products based on lifestyle and occupation.
- Intermediate knowledge of current contact lens products and the ability to conduct insertion/removal training.
- Ability to perform frame adjustments and minor repairs.
- Ability to educate the customer while remaining casual and conversational.
- Ability to maintain consistent relationships with customers in order to retain and build the practice´s customer and patient base.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (both interoffice and with patients) including email, text and phone communication.
- Hard working, dependable, self-starter, who is highly detail-oriented and can multi-task, while also maintaining an organized workflow with accuracy and efficiency.
- A friendly, energetic and upbeat team player who possesses the ability to maintain a calm demeanor while operating in a busy retail environment.
- An open-minded team player with a positive attitude!
- Proficiency with computers and the following software applications: OfficeMate Practice Management Software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Social Media Platforms (I.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work on Saturdays mandatory.
- Authorized to work in California and the United States.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects.
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals.
- Ability to successfully complete an Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) and a background check subject to applicable law.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Preferred)
- ABO Certification or optician license (Required for ABO Certified Optician position)
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a similar position.
- Hourly salary dependant upon experience and ABO certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you the right person to join our Urban Optiks “family”? For a chance to join this exciting team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit with Urban Otiks Optometry. Cover letters and resumes should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 619.683.2111.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL OR FAX ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE PRACTICE DIRECTLY AS STAFF MEMBERS ARE NOT ABLE TO DISCUSS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OVER THE PHONE.
Note: Due to the number of applications received, only qualified applicants will be notified for further employment consideration.